HCA Corporate Contributions Policy and Criteria
It is the policy of HCA to contribute to activities, organizations, and causes in Middle Tennessee that advance both a public purpose (health/wellness, safety, cultural, general welfare) and a corporate purpose (furtherance of the Company’s interests, image and responsibilities).
The goal of HCA is to focus support on the following areas:
- Health and Wellness Organizations
- Children, Youth, and Education Organizations
- Arts, Cultural and Humanities Organizations
- Diversity and Inclusion Efforts
In evaluation of sponsorship opportunities, priority will be given to organizations that are aligned with the areas listed above. Further priority will be given to organizations with involvement of HCA or TriStar Health System employees as board members, advisory committee members, event chairs, and/or active and engaged volunteers. Because of the large number of HCA employees who volunteer through HCA’s Caring for the Community Campaign Community Days, yearly volunteer efforts through Community Days alone will not qualify HCA employees as “active and engaged” volunteers.
Only organizations with 501(c)(3) status are eligible for funding.
HCA does not contribute to:
- Third party organizations fundraising on behalf of a non-profit organization
- Individuals or individual fundraising efforts
- Political campaigns/parties
- Religious organizations
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of age, religion, color, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin
- Activities that do not advance our public or corporate purpose
- Golf events
- School or sports teams, clubs, activities, or events
- Walks and/or runs*
*We encourage organizations to approach their local TriStar hospital(s) or the TriStar Health System for support for community walks and/or runs.
Request Submission Process
Requests for monetary contributions should be submitted in writing (hard copy or email) to the HCA Sponsorship Committee. Sponsorships are reviewed on a monthly basis. Requests should include the following:
- description (i.e., purpose, mission, community impact) of the organization that is making the funding request;
- description of the fundraising event(s) (if applicable), including expected or intended results as well as the specific use of funds; and
- all available sponsorship levels and related benefits (e.g., recognition, tickets).
- Organizations with an HCA or TriStar Health System employee board member, event chair, active volunteer, etc. should copy that employee on the sponsorship request.
- All sponsorship requests for $20,000 or more must be submitted by February 1st in order to be funded in that calendar year.
- Please submit all other sponsorship requests 10-12 weeks prior to the date of the event.
- Only ONE REQUEST will be accepted PER ORGANIZATION PER YEAR.
Submit Requests to:
HCA Corporate Sponsorship
c/o Holly Talbert
One Park Plaza, 1-4 East
Nashville, TN 37203
**HCA reserves the right to change or make exceptions to this policy as it deems appropriate.